Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Transfer of beer to under 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfuse

I live in South Carolina. I'm a 22-year-old college student.

My friend (who is under 21) took me to a store to buy beer since I don't own a car. When I got back, my girlfriend wanted to see me so I left the beer at the house (secured in my fridge) and she picked me up. There were about 7 people at the house when I left (one of them was 21).

While I was at my girlfriend's, I got a call from a police officer saying if I didn't return to my house, there would be a warrent out for my arrest! :eek:

I returned and the cop asked me if I bought beer for minors. I said no, I bought beer for myself. He put me in handcuffs and booked me. I got bailed out and have a court date.

Two people at my house walked outside with a case of beer. They were under 21 and got caught by cops. They told the cops it was my beer and I paid for it but they never said I purchased it for them. These guys said they will testify in court that I didn't buy beer for them and that they stole this beer, do I have a case?

I was gone when the alleged crime occured. Does this matter?

The police officer misspelled the violation. He wrote "Trans to beer under 21." It should be "Transfer of beer or wine for underage person's consumption." What does "to beer" mean??

The cop says he has a 90% conviction rate to try and scare me. Could this be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back