Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Transfer Community Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearseback

I got caught underage drinking while on vacation in Maine. I am a Hawaii native & I'm returning home one week after my court date. I dont have the funds to pay the fine so I am going to ask for community service instead. My question is if I can get the community service transfered to my home state? One week is not long enough for me to complete the nessisary time I must dedicate to excuse my law breaking with hard labor.

hearseback said:
I got caught underage drinking while on vacation in Maine. I am a Hawaii native & I'm returning home one week after my court date. I dont have the funds to pay the fine so I am going to ask for community service instead. My question is if I can get the community service transfered to my home state? One week is not long enough for me to complete the nessisary time I must dedicate to excuse my law breaking with hard labor.

Of course, you can always ask a question. Generally, the courts allow this to happen.

But, even if they don't allow it, they're not coming to HI to extradite you for this crappy charge. But, if you do that, don't ever go back to Maine.

Otherwise, there are 48 other states you can visit without a problem. If this involves your drivers license, it could get suspended. If not, you don't have much to worry about if you just walk. I'm not advising you to walk mind you, I'm just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back