Deportation, Re-entry Traffic Violation - Immigration issues at Port Of Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANJCAAA28

This question is regarding commtiting a traffic violation in US, left the country and re-entering US.

My brother had committed 2 traffic violations while he was in US on work and residing in Norcross, Atlanta. One violation is not stopping at STOP sign and the second one is slight tap on the rear of another car at traffic signal. He did not have US licence and was driving with IDP (International Driving Permit). He was told to attend the court for both traffic violations. But before he could attend the court, he had to change his work location to New Jersey. He requested the court officials to prepone his date of hearing at court to an earlier date so that he can appear in court, before he moved to New Jersey. But his court appearance date was not preponed as there were no free appointments available. My brother was in New Jersey for 3 months and he had to come back to India, as his assignment ended. He did not have any correspondence with court after moving to New Jersey.
My brother is again coming on job to US. Will the above traffic violations will be a problem at Port of Entry? How my brother should be prepared and what are the next steps?

If he failed to appear in court, then a warrent would have been issued for his arrest, and yes, when he arrives in the US, he could get arrested. In fact, he should count on it, but he might get lucky.

He would then go to court and explain what happened to the judge. He will then probably get a nice big fine. He problaby won't get a jail sentence, but that's up to the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back