Traffic Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

stews

Today I kinda got my first ticket for not making a full stop at a blinking red light at about 1:30am. It also happen to my b-day and I didnt even know until I looked at my cell phone while waiting for the cop to write the ticket. When he came back with the ticket, I said "I can't believe I got pulled over on my b-day," and then he said "you should have told me earlier because I already wrote it." He then told me to protest the ticket to get rid of it, but as he was pulling out he told me to give him back the ticket and he'll take care of it. My question is, is the ticket logged into the computer when it is written and is the ticket really taken care of, what if it is not and stays on my record? How can I find out if it has really been taken care of?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Today I kinda got my first ticket for not making a full stop at a blinking red light at about 1:30am. It also happen to my b-day and I didnt even know until I looked at my cell phone while waiting for the cop to write the ticket. When he came back with the ticket, I said "I can't believe I got pulled over on my b-day," and then he said "you should have told me earlier because I already wrote it." He then told me to protest the ticket to get rid of it, but as he was pulling out he told me to give him back the ticket and he'll take care of it. My question is, is the ticket logged into the computer when it is written and is the ticket really taken care of, what if it is not and stays on my record? How can I find out if it has really been taken care of?

The officer can void the ticket. I would not expect any problems but clerical mistakes do happen. You can find the officer and ask or you can check with the clerk at the local traffic court to see if you are on the docket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back