TOWED for parking where I was told to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyP

I arrived late morning to travel to work in London. I stopped at the car park attendant's box and asked if there were any spaces still available. After confirming there were, I bought a car park pass. Once purchased the attendant informed me that there might not actually be any spaces in this car park, but there should be "in the other car park behind the fence." After asking for clarification of this he confirmed to "go around to the car park the other side of the fence".
I proceeded to park my car happy in the knowledge that the adjacent car park was now newly Railway property.

It wasn't. My car was towed and I was charge £380 to have it released with an additional £30 a day storage if it wasn't picked up! :eek:
It turned out ther were two parking areas, one belonging to another company, but the signs were terrible - the bays weren't marked or on the wall next to them, there were only a couple of private parking signs sporadically placed (which I assumed related to the Railway's car park as they didn't have the company name on.) and a Railway price sign which overlooked the private car park (you had to go through this one and past it to be into the railway car park. Even the numbered bays went from one car park into the other and then back out again!

Do I have a case against the tow company for the poor signposting or the Railway for misleading me?

I am writing letters to both but it would be good to know where I stand/my chances, where can I find if there are laws for sufficient signposting of private parking bays? £380 as well seems ridiculous, I feel like I've been robbed and my car was -to all intents and purposes- held to ransom!

Please advise! I'd really appreciate it, this fine has destroyed me, it would have been better if someone had stolen it!:(

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back