Parole, Probation To much probation time sentence

Charley7

Jurisdiction
California
Was given too much probation time because law was changed after sentence prop something regarding methamphetamine charges second offense but time given per second longer than the first twice as long first conviction 1 year-end when you're out probation second conviction 2 years in three years out probation can I have my probation shortened since the law was changed in regards to the offense

Was given too much probation time because law was changed after sentence prop something regarding methamphetamine charges second offense but time given per second longer than the first twice as long first conviction 1 year-end when you're out probation second conviction 2 years in three years out probation can I have my probation shortened since the law was changed in regards to the offense
My first conviction was one year in jail one year probation second conviction 2 years jail three years probation and there was a proposition past lessening the Chargers

You will need to speak with an attorney with knowledge of the details of your case to find if anything improper was done.
If a law was passed after your sentencing it is not necessarily retroactive.
Have you asked the probation officer for an explanation?

Not in California.
The geniuses in the state legislature keep decriminalizing offenses and reducing penalties. Things that used to carry time have been reduced to a citation. It is harder and harder to get a person into the jail, and once in they get out before the ink dries.

Back