Auto Loans Title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lastjoy

I went through bankruptcy back in 2010. I had a conversation with a lawyer from Chrysler Financial about the van; he told me to drop the van off at a dealership because it was too expensive for them to send someone out to get it. I told him that it was not my responsibility to take the vehicle to a dealer, on my dime, and that they needed to come pick it up. To this day, they have not repossessed the vehicle.

I am trying to find out what recourse that I have to 1) either gain the title, or 2) find out if I can charge a storage fee for housing the vehicle for so many years?

Any and all answers will be carefully considered and appreciated!

I went through bankruptcy back in 2010. I had a conversation with a lawyer from Chrysler Financial about the van; he told me to drop the van off at a dealership because it was too expensive for them to send someone out to get it. I told him that it was not my responsibility to take the vehicle to a dealer, on my dime, and that they needed to come pick it up. To this day, they have not repossessed the vehicle.

I am trying to find out what recourse that I have to 1) either gain the title, or 2) find out if I can charge a storage fee for housing the vehicle for so many years?

Any and all answers will be carefully considered and appreciated!

You might want to contact Chrysler Financial or the attorney to whom you spoke to last.

Chrysler had financial problems, too.

So, you might have the vehicle, check with the state and see if the lien was removed from the title.

I found out that my account was sold to another company. During the time I went through bankruptcy, so did they. The new company told me that I needed to pay off the lien to obtain the title or surrender the vehicle ( which I did three years ago). I am not sure what to do now and am just tired of dealing with Chrysler and TD Bank about the matter.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks this article made a lot of sense and I am going to contact the attorney I used to file bankruptcy to see what my options are.

If you are still in possession of the vehicle then you have not surrendered it.
You will never be successful charging storage fees.
Do as suggested and check with the state to see who is listed a the lien holder.

Thanks this article made a lot of sense and I am going to contact the attorney I used to file bankruptcy to see what my options are.

You will discover that you are required to reaffirm the debt or return the car under a bankruptcy.

By retaining the car, you may have placed yourself in contempt of a federal judge.

Yes, you need to immediately speak with your lawyer.

You may have inadvertently caused a very BIG problem with yoru BK by being stubborn.

I was not being stubborn, I left the car in the driveway for over six months waiting for them to come and pick it up. They did not come. I was told that I should take it to a dealer because it would cost them too much money to come pick it up. Why should I put gas in the van and a new battery to take it to a dealer? I told them they had to pick it up and where it would be.

I was not being stubborn, I left the car in the driveway for over six months waiting for them to come and pick it up. They did not come. I was told that I should take it to a dealer because it would cost them too much money to come pick it up. Why should I put gas in the van and a new battery to take it to a dealer? I told them they had to pick it up and where it would be.

Okay, we don't care.
I gave you advice, leave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back