Title Transfer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewmg24

I bought a truck a few months back with cash, after I handed the money over $1500 dollars, the guy gave me the title with a signiture on it and told me he never transfer the title over from the guy he bought the truck from originally so I could just take it in and transfer it over directly into my name and there wouldn't be a problem. I was a little bit skeptical but I drove nearly 6 hours and rented a tow trailer and I wasn't about to leave with nothing. After asking him he said not to worry, he knew plenty of people who did it. I got home and tried to transfer the title, which would have worked except the original owner had affidavited (not sure of spelling) the title into the guys name I bought the truck from. I called the guy I bought the truck from and he said he would switch it into his name and send it back to me if I mailed it to him. As I figured I haven't received the title back and he will not answer my calls. I made a copy of the title before I sent it otherwise I don't have any other way to prove I bought the truck. What should I do?
Thanks to anyone who read this long entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back