Title jumping

Glitter

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
Just want to start out by saying i never wanted him to buy this stupid truck. My husband bought a truck from his friend apparently my lovely husband never had it changed into his name. He sold the truck a year or so later and this kid from a few blocks away bought it. So apparently the kid sold the truck and bought it back later on. So either this kid or whoever else bought it was in an accident. And now the original owner is getting sewed and could possibly loose his license because he was the last know owner. So my husband now wants to write up a deed of sale saying he bought it but we can't get a hold of the kid down the road to ask him to also sign the other deed of sale.. do we have any other options if we can't get ahold of this kid. I'm not sure how any of this works is my husband just going to get stuck with the lawsuit and possibly loose his license?

So he wanted this truck so bad that he let it sit for a year without driving it and then sold it?

And whoever bought it from him drove it without registering it? Your husband should be here asking the questions really.

The original owner had a responsibility to report the sale and be released from any liability, so this is his own doing. It sounds to me like your husband is not even involved at this point.

Back