Timeshare maintenance fees on credit report

Status
Not open for further replies.

timeshare

Myself and my now ex-wife bought a timeshare in 2000. We were both 19 and bought into what they told us. A year later we realized we were lied to about all of it and tried to give it back, since they said they would buy it back if we ever wanted to sell it. That turned out to be a lie. So, we stopped paying on it. For whatever reason it was never foreclosed on, the maintenance fees kept adding up until 2012. I finally had the money to settle the whole thing last summer and they did a deed back I believe it was called. The mortgage was taken off my credit report a few years ago, it was past the seven year mark, but the maintenance fees continued to be reported each year, each year they showed up as a new account and showed they were opened that year. In 2012 is showed a collection for over $6000 that occurred in 2012. Is the date of first delinquency in 2001 or 2002 when we missed the first payment and never made another, or for timeshares is the date of first delinquency the most recent charge? I disputed all three credit bureaus and two took it off, but TransUnion refuses too, saying it is being reported correctly, even with paperwork showing the first delinquency. They say that the collection agency verified it and further disputes were returned as frivolous. The collection agency says they are reporting correctly, but I know now to believe collection agencies. Thanks for any help.

My understanding is that if the charges were for 2012 fees (new charges for 2012) - that you are billed each year & were billed in 2012 for charges, that would be considered a new collection & can be reported by the collection agencies as a new delinquency. The other coll. agcys. probably didn't have to take the delinquency off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back