Tickets - Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cposey

I am trying to help my husband who is being held in the Bexar County Jail for a parole violation.
On the night he was arrested he got a
Driving on a Suspended License (it's his 3rd offense or 4th in 15 years)
Failure to maintain financial responsibility (2nd offense 1st in 2005)
No Registration
No Inspection (Both 2nd violations)
Can you tell me what is the best course of action for us? He goes to court on May 6th for the No Insurance and we would like to request Time Served since he will be in jail until Aug 7th on his parole violation, but am unsure of what to do. Will they even consider it?
If not what other options do we have? I am on disability only so can't afford an attorney and I don't want him to go back to jail over these things.
Thank you,
Cheryl Posey

Acting on Husband's Behalf while he's incarcerated

My husband in incarcerated until August on a Parole Violation and has several court date & other issues coming up that we want to settle (child support, visitation orders etc). We are common law married which is legal in the state of Texas but have not filed for an official Marriage License. I want to be able to act on his behalf for everything including being in court if he can't. What type of document do we need? I looked at Power of Attorney forms but they don't cover that.
Also, if we got legally married (by proxy) would that allow me to do this without another document?
Thank you,
Cheryl

Powers of Attorney do not turn you into a lawyer.

You need to hire a lawyer to represent him in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back