ticket today

Status
Not open for further replies.

camarokid223

went to pick up a camaro a friend and I are turning into a drag car and the car had no registration, plate or anything like that. we still needed to see if it ran so I took it for a quick spin around the block and got pulled over not 400 yards away from the driveway that I picked the car up from for the lack of a tag on the car. the cop was nice and let me off with driving without registration and failure to display tag. nice enough, kept me from getting any points but still left me with a $75 ticket that almost doubles the cost of the car. later I noticed that he put my middle name as my first and my first as my middle initial don't think this will do me any good but just want to make sure.
thanks for any help :cool:

I'm not a lawyer, but I did work with the police for a while and I don't think that that mistake is really going to make any difference. It actually happens quite frequently. I would just be glad that you only got a fine. The police officer could have towed the car if he wanted.

Nope, that error won't help you at all.

You could go to court and tell them you were merely test driving the car before purchase so naturally didn't have a tag or registration on a vehicle you didn't yet own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back