Ticket in SC live in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnie28573

I received a ticket in SC yesterday doing 92/70. NC has very strict laws concerning speeding. what should I do. The officer said I could mail in the ticket. Should I or should i get a lawyer and fight the ticket. i dont want 4 points on my license.

My experience with North Carolina is that they do not plea bargain speeding tickets when you are going over 90 miles per hour.

I received a ticket in SC yesterday doing 92/70. NC has very strict laws concerning speeding. what should I do. The officer said I could mail in the ticket. Should I or should i get a lawyer and fight the ticket. i dont want 4 points on my license.

I have had this happen to me before and was able to contact the State's Attorney in the county that it happened in and deal with them that way to get supervision. If you live within driving distance you might be required to show up in person but I would try to get the States Atty involved first in that county. Worked for me and I got three tickets dismissed that way - all by fax and emails. Speeding, expired plates and insurance card that I didnt have with me but I DID have insurance.

Good luck !

Do not mail the ticket in!

If you need to get it reduced to less than 15 over in SC to prevent your NC licence from being suspended.

See an attorney (in SC) if you can't do this on your own.

Robbie is correct, you will be in big trouble if you just pay the ticket. An attorney in SC usually runs around 500 and he needs to get it reduced to a 9 over in order for it not to result in an insurance increase. The premium increase is for three years so the 500 is money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back