ticket in NY with no fine amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhmtbj

I received a ticket in NY today going 72 in a 55. The officer was friendly and all and gave me a ticket telling me that I could appear in court. I live in MA so I prob won't go to court. The problem is, the ticket has no fine on it, and doesn't even seem to have a spot where it would go. What should I do?? Also do moving violations carry over from state to state? Thanks.

Jay

New York Speeding Ticket

I received a ticket in NY today going 72 in a 55. The officer was friendly and all and gave me a ticket telling me that I could appear in court. I live in MA so I prob won't go to court. The problem is, the ticket has no fine on it, and doesn't even seem to have a spot where it would go. What should I do?? Also do moving violations carry over from state to state

Check the back of the speeding ticket. There should be a box to check to plead guilty and one to plead not guilty. If you plead guilty they will send you a notice of the fine amount. If you plead not guilty they will notify you of the trial date.

I think you are supposed to send it in within 48 hours.

In general speeding tickets are reported back to your home state and are entered on your MVR. There are exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back