Three year old ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manipool

Last year I begrudgingly paid my husband's recent parking tickets (the car is in my name) thru a collection agency the DMV uses called LCD Collection Systems. This year they thanked me for paying those but stated there was a citation from 3/04 that had not been included.

I don't recall getting the initial ticket or any other letters about this ticket because if I had I would have paid it then because usually they threaten your credit or your registration early on. I don't own the car that the ticket is on and they want me to pay the collection fee plus the fine and penalty (which is minimal). If they can prove that I am liable for the ticket I am willing to pay the fine, but not the collection fee because I feel the DMV should have notified me of the first fine and penalty way before now. Whose fault is it that my earlier payments did not cover the entire amount due? Mine or theirs?

DO I have to pay this? I don't need to register the car because it was traded out long ago. Evidently the DMV no longer has this on their books because wouldn't it have shown up on my records regardless of whether I sold the car or not and stopped me from registering the cars I have now? Thanks.

Last edited:
Q:DO I have to pay this?

A: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back