Threats via email

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAQuestions

My jurisdiction is: Florida

My Exhusband and his partner are UK citizens. Both have been on a personal vendetta against me since before my divorce ( 2005 ). She has been emailing me along with him, since finding my new email account online ( from a business I had had ) trying to intimidate me, over an issue between my ex and myself that he refuses to handle.

I recently uncovered countless websites where she has made fake profiles, on dating sites, with an old email account name I used to use ( I deleted that account from harassing emails before a year ago) and she has been posting my first name in all of them, making nasty remarks in a few. She has also been on local newspaper forums making malicious untrue statements about myself and family and in some posts, using my real full name there as well.

The police came out to make a report over this threat, which I will follow up with at the State Attorny's office, as I do not trust her. I've never met her. I spoke to her on the phone when they had our old number, but had to change it cause of harassing calls!

Bad enough I have no clue as to where they reside in the UK, but HOW can I stop this, other then changing my email account, yet again. How can she get by with that, as well as the threats made to me in this email?

Ive not retaliated against them at all. I have made copies, as evidence, as well as emailed the FBI on their complaint page wiith the full headers.

How are they allowed to carry on? Can't her email carrier do something? I block them but she makes up more and more email accounts to get thru to my email account. I can't delete it yet, as I emailed the FBI from it, though they do have my number as well as a cyberstalking site.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

A worried Mom in FL

You might check with the government and the policies on slander, libels, and defimation of character..it sounds like you may be able to hurt her finacially and get a restraining order as well...not sure if this helps, good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back