Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Threats of Burn out

Status
Not open for further replies.

vfielder

Well lets see if I can get a answer to this one.
Recently we have had some some problems getting control of our community dock (7) owners. One of the owners has turned it into a public dock letting all her friends and pretty much a free-for-all. By law we all are required to carry insurance on stall. Well the one with out the insurance is the one causes all the problems...Well anyway one of the friends of our renagade owner happen to be the President of our Local Volunteer Fire Dept. who has absolutely nothing to do with our dock. He has his own private dock but for some reason thinks he has rights to ours. Since the crack down he is now threating to burn us out, meaning torch our property, arson. I take this seriously. This is a vacation home which we are absent quite abit. Main home is outside St. Louis and this property is in Arkasas.
What can we legally do to protect ourselves and our property?

This is a tough one. You need to get with the police, but you need to have some proof, such as a witness or a recording of him saying this. One possibility is get a small cassette recorder, and keep it in your pocket if you even think you might have contact with this guy. They can be set for voice activation, so you don't have to reach in and hit record.

Do you have some sort of home owner's association? You may be able to go to them to get her to close down the party.

Ultimately you may want to stat with a lawyer. They would be able to do something with her in regards to the no insurance, it let work from there.

Thanks for reply...We have a community dock association agreement, which our renegade owner is refusing to sign so. We have more or less shut down the party that's why we are getting threats. The wild part is the President of the fire dept. is making the threats. That's why I'm looking for imput.

The recorder a good ideal. I am driving to the lake house tomorrow to see if we still have a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back