Weapons, Guns, Firearms Threatening with a Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckNorris

Heres the situation:

Bob is under the misconception that John has wronged him. Bob then goes to John and attempts to fight him. Bob makes numberous verbal threats saying that he is going to beat up John. Bob swings at Joe but is stopped by somone in the middle. Bob is asked to leave numerous times by people living in the residence including John The arguing continues and when there isnt somone between the two of them Bob takes another swing at John but this time John reveals what appears to be a real gun but infact is not. John points the gun at Bob and declares that if Bob harms him then John will shoot him with the gun and kill him. John knows the gun is not real and is infact a BB gun but Bob does not. The gun is not fired though it could have been. The gun is not illegal and John owns it lawfully.

My question is: Can John legally use a fake (or even real) gun to threaten somone who he feels will cause him harm, though they have not yet harmed him but have attempted?

I would think after several attempts, or asking once for someone to leave your property, you can legally pull a real gun to enforce your property. I don't think he could have fired it, but I think "defending" your home, gives you reason.

I'm not the best on details, but just my opinion! :)

The gun in this example is not real. Would that make a difference? Also its not nescarily defending property, its defendings ones self from somone who has asserted he wants to harm that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back