Parole, Probation THREATENED

Flavius

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Halfway House staff with BOP concurrence, threatened immediate return to prison if I related to my V.A. healthcare providers any of my mental health concerns, or if I related the 'treatment' inflicted by the halfway house staff. Inability to answer V.A.'s questions resulted in withdrawal of consideration for employment by the V.A., and potential health care. What are my legal options? Retired military pensioner here.

If you want any sort of useful information, you're going to have to provide a bit more detailed and coherent recitation of the relevant facts.

Halfway House staff with BOP concurrence, threatened immediate return to prison if I related to my V.A. healthcare providers any of my mental health concerns, or if I related the 'treatment' inflicted by the halfway house staff. Inability to answer V.A.'s questions resulted in withdrawal of consideration for employment by the V.A., and potential health care. What are my legal options? Retired military pensioner here.

If you are on parole (especially from a prison, which means you were convicted of a felony), getting hired by any federal agency is very unlikely.

Add in a person suffering (or having suffered from) mental health issues, I doubt that any federal agency would hire you for any job.

That said, as long as you are parole, you still belong to the state of Michigan.

You aren't incarcerated in a prison, you're serving your time in what is termed, community supervision.

If you muck up, you'll end up in a cozy, comfy Crossbar Hilton.

USAJOBS Help Center | Can I work for the government if I have a criminal record?.

Can a Felon Work for The Government? - Let Find Out...

You are still considered an inmate, as you are still completing/serving your initial sentence.

For most federal jobs, questions about your criminal history don't appear on the initial job application. However, if you receive a conditional offer of employment, you'll need to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF 306) and undergo a background investigation to establish your suitability or fitness for employment. When deciding your suitability, federal agencies will consider the following:

Your character traits and conduct.
Potential conflicts between your criminal conduct and the core job duties.
Potential conflicts between your employment and interests of national security.
The nature, seriousness, and circumstance of your criminal activity.
How long it's been since your criminal activity.
Rehabilitation or efforts toward rehabilitation.
It's important that you provide all the required information about your criminal record when you apply to a federal job so the hiring agency can determine early if a specific prohibition exists.

How far back do federal background checks go?
seven years
Federal criminal check.

You'll see a trend here—seven years—which many people commonly refer to as the 7-year look back rule. Bottom line: the default scope for a criminal history search is 7 years. Mar 19, 2020

Why were you in a halfway house?
Finishing My 72 month sentence on 10 May, halfway house from 9/16 to 5/10/22. The prospective 'job' with VA one of their Work Therapy positions.
Halfway House revenue is influenced by establishing 'billable codes' for the 'treatment' of their unfounded diagnosis, which could be debunked by V.A or outside health care providers.

How does all that relate to the threat of being sent back to prison?

Seems to me, somebody threatens you with prison, you shut your mouth and call your lawyer.

Why are you on parole?

Why are they involved with your VA healthcare?

How were you even in consideration for employment at the VA with having a felony record?

Could you be more clear on what you are asking?

Back