Threatened with Termination for being injured at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggieanng4

My fiance was at work Saturday the 16th and moved to try to stop two kids from stealing potato chips. He took like two steps to get around the ice box, felt a pop in his leg and a customer noticed, saying you pulled your leg muscle didn't you? He was taken home by his manager's boyfriend since he couldn't walk. His manager then proceeded to tell him if he filed workers comp he may get terminated for vioilating "protocol" (even though the workers get in trouble for losses at the store when people steal), said threateningly he'd be drug and alcohol tested (no biggie we don't do drugs) etc etc. He got home and his leg was swollen like a sausage. He could put no pressure on the leg at all. I looked it up and said it was an Achilles Tendon problem due to the symptons. We kept it elevated and iced, and he was scared to go to the hospital because of what his manager said about him losing his job. On SUnday he called and she threatened his job again. Monday he called and his job was threatened again. Meanwhile I looked it up and it said that she was supposed to report the injury immediately and file forms. She never did. To make a long story short it's now THursday. She took him to the occupational doctor yesterday. His achilles tendon is big time messed up and he's off work 6-8 weeks, I don't know if workers comp is being filed and she's still saying he may be fired because now HE didn't go to the doctor although she was the one who told she had to take him there. Can someone please help? I think we need an attorney ASAP to deal with this company.

It is illegal in all 50 states to fire an employee BECAUSE they file a workers comp claim.

Consult local counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back