Threatened with home seizure in criminal case

IdontknowGA

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I am in a current criminal proceeding and have a criminal attorney, but the State has intimated that there could be a civil proceeding brought forth to seize my home.

I have not been indicted and today is 15 months since the incident date. The state has offered twice, in two different way, to drop the case if I move. I can't afford to move financially.

They offered a plea deal which also included me moving so I couldn't do that. They removed that part of the plea, but now they are indirectly threatening to start a civil proceeding to seize my home.

Should I contact another criminal attorney or hire a civil attorney?

I am in a current criminal proceeding and have a criminal attorney, but the State has intimated that there could be a civil proceeding brought forth to seize my home.

I have not been indicted and today is 15 months since the incident date. The state has offered twice, in two different way, to drop the case if I move. I can't afford to move financially.

They offered a plea deal which also included me moving so I couldn't do that. They removed that part of the plea, but now they are indirectly threatening to start a civil proceeding to seize my home.

Ask your attorney...

That is something only you can decide.
Your current attorney may still be able to assist you, but you might find another who specializes more with real estate.

Giving up a home can be difficult, but not impossible. People lose their homes all the time. You might give the offers more consideration before they go away permanently.

Sound legal observations...well founded on legal perspective and logic...all made without questions or knowing the circumstances of the case...

I'd rather be HOMELESS living under the bridge over Main Street than spend 25 years in a state penitentiary.

Don't mind me, I'm just another internet idiot.

Back