This website is a nice idea, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarriedParent

This website seems like a good idea, that regular folks could get good advice for their legal questions. However, it won't work if the questions never get answered. Two weeks ago, I posted two questions in the Business forums, over 100 people have looked at them, but no replies. Lots of people are looking for advice, but nobody seems willing to give it. Just a casual glance at the threads shows many others have never gotten a response from any lawyers.

Too bad, it was a nice idea.

This website seems like a good idea, that regular folks could get good advice for their legal questions. However, it won't work if the questions never get answered. Two weeks ago, I posted two questions in the Business forums, over 100 people have looked at them, but no replies. Lots of people are looking for advice, but nobody seems willing to give it. Just a casual glance at the threads shows many others have never gotten a response from any lawyers.

Too bad, it was a nice idea.
Just because your question wasn't answered doesn't mean that everyone's questions don't get answered. In fact, there are tens of thousands of answers here and perhaps you might have been better served looking at the rules for suggestions to "bump" your post if you feel it hasn't received some attention. But looking over your post:

I've noticed that you've posted your question twice in different forums. If everyone did this and all questions were answered, then 50% of the posts would appear "not answered" which obviously isn't the case. Then hopefully someone here will realize you've double posted and will need to delete one of the posts, causing more time on maintenance.

I posted twice in two forums, because they are two different questions, based on the same set of circumstances. One has to do with liability for medical bills, the other with tax considerations if I pay those liabilities. I understand the need not to post the same question in multiple forums, and tried not to do that. Now you've gone and deleted the collections question, so it will never get answered.

I can see that thousands of questions do get answered, but thousands don't, and mine are among the latter. Thank you for taking a stab at my tax-related post, but there isn't a firm answer in there, either.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that thousands don't get answered. You'd be spending a lot of time counting too. :) Besides, I think our batting average here is extremely high by comparative purposes. :D In some instances, there just isn't someone who knows the answer to specific questions - it happens!

Thanks for sharing your comments and taking the time to help make this site a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back