Other Immigration Law This is the reply I got from INS.... Kinda Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

softvirgo

I have been already approved for 10 year green card in May 2005 and I got my stamping done on my passport and gave back my conditional green card.

Now its like 3 months has been passed and I haven't recieved my permanent green card. I sent an inquiry through customer service on August 1st and yesterday I got this reply in my mail.

"We have requested you file. Please allow at least 3 weeks. Form I-89 will be verified before being forwarded for card production.If another ADIT processing is required we will notify you in 4 weeks."

What you experienece people and lawyers think about it. Do you guys think is there something wrong going in. I am kinda scared.

After getting approved i got busted for DUI in July and case is already closed. It got reduced to wet reckless.

Please reply

The USCIS is notoriously slow and notorious for losing files totally. Wait for at least 6 weeks (it is always a good bet to double the time the USCIS says they need) and then see what they say. If they don't contact you, you should contact them and find out what the delay is all about.

Hey, it's the government. It is meant to be there for eternity, so they don't see any need for working fast.

I understnd what you are saying

and yes there could be a reason that my file is lost or something like that. But as I have written earlier that have I already got approved and after then I cited for DUI.

Do u think that is creating problem for them.

Once i got the approval notice and got stamp in my passport, Am I should be stop worrying though green card doesn't come.??

I-551 stamp in ur passport is equivalent to ur green card or not???

After coming to us i changed my address 2 times but didnt send AR11 form as I was unaware of this law totally. When I filed petition it was at new address and all my communications with uscis is at new address i.e sending petition, getting reciets, getting approval notices and now a mail which I got day before yesterday.

Do u think that not sending AR11 is creating problem.

The thing which I am scared a lot is whats going to happen. Will I be ok in situation.

Please help.

No, I guess it is simply that they are not that fast with printing the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back