this is not right? is it?

M

mothermabel

Jurisdiction
Alberta
spouse of 17yrs and have child with and lived in the same place we are common law we had some finacial troubles and his sisters offered to help and what happened was they took the business and the land they have taken me off of everything meaning bills ive learned thru spouse that the loan was taken out by his sister and spouse pays the alleged loan he is not named on the loan and credit cards he needs is also done the same way i dont agree with this and keep telling spouse how wrong it is but nothing is done about it also i believe all the stress has caused me to be disabled with stroke like sympton (loss of balance speech impediment and vertigo) so i have no income and am dependent on spouses but do not recieve anything sister have spouses cheque being direct deposited to an acct that they control they also said theyd give son an allow of 20 aweek but that never happened im still working with drs there are bills left in my name and not paid and we live on land thats in sisters name spouse was told to sign over land for the loan we he did im told by sister to leave

spouse of 17yrs and have child with and lived in the same place we are common law we had some finacial troubles and his sisters offered to help and what happened was they took the business and the land they have taken me off of everything meaning bills ive learned thru spouse that the loan was taken out by his sister and spouse pays the alleged loan he is not named on the loan and credit cards he needs is also done the same way i dont agree with this and keep telling spouse how wrong it is but nothing is done about it also i believe all the stress has caused me to be disabled with stroke like sympton (loss of balance speech impediment and vertigo) so i have no income and am dependent on spouses but do not recieve anything sister have spouses cheque being direct deposited to an acct that they control they also said theyd give son an allow of 20 aweek but that never happened im still working with drs there are bills left in my name and not paid and we live on land thats in sisters name spouse was told to sign over land for the loan we he did im told by sister to leave

Many things aren't fair, or incorrect on the view of some people.
Nothing that you've described is illegal.
You weren't married.
Yet, you lived with the man for almost two decades.
That's your biggest problem today, because no state recognizes self declaration of "common law marriage", even my beloved Texas.
That said, all you can do is leave.
If you don't, you'll be legally evicted.
You can apply to Canadian social security, and MIGHT be able to receive a spousal benefit, or a disability related benefit.

You are posting from Alberta, Canada.

I know nothing about social security or disability assistance in Canada.

Good luck

Many things aren't fair, or incorrect on the view of some people.
Nothing that you've described is illegal.
You weren't married.
Yet, you lived with the man for almost two decades.
That's your biggest problem today, because no state recognizes self declaration of "common law marriage", even my beloved Texas.
That said, all you can do is leave.
If you don't, you'll be legally evicted.
You can apply to Canadian social security, and MIGHT be able to receive a spousal benefit, or a disability related benefit.

You are posting from Alberta, Canada.

I know nothing about social security or disability assistance in Canada.

Good luck

really i guess its eye opener forsure i was hoping i would find finiancial abuse at the very least here thank you for replying so should we just leave and forget this property then or can i claim the land back using squatter rights maybe what if i were to marry spouse trying all i can think of to stay but packing

Last edited:
You'll need to contact an attorney/barrister/lawyer in Canada, or find a Canadian legal board. No one here knows Canadian law. o_O

You'll need to contact an attorney/barrister/lawyer in Canada, or find a Canadian legal board. No one here knows Canadian law. o_O
ok thank you kinda hard with out funds i will try what u reccomend in finding a canadian legal board all the same tytyty i appreciate being ans so quickly all my best to u all here

Back