Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse third marijuana possesion charge in colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqekezeci

last year around the same time i got busted twice in the same month with less than an ounce of marijuana while living in the dorms in colorado springs.
i went to court for that, got the charges dismissed, did 50 hours of community service, took a drug and alcohol evaluation and the counselor said i was perfectly fine and i didnt need that class, and i believe my attorney also mentioned that i was on unsupervised probation... i never met with any probation officer or anything at all and when i got a copy of my court papers everything said "all accounts dissmissed, case closed".

on november of this year 2010 i missed a stop sign and got pulled over... my car wrecked like weed and the cop searched it, i had a little bag of less than an ounce in my car. the cop wrote on the ticket section 18-18-406 possession of marijuana.
i know there is not jail time or anything too big on that, is not even a misdemeanor and it wouldnt be more than 100 in fines...

I just wana know if anything more harsh will happen, like jail time or probation or something like that since is my third charge and if anyone has any USEFUL advice...

thanks!

Stop smoking weed in your car. You may not do jail time but the fines are still gonna rack up on you. Have you thought about trying to get a medical marijuana card?

No Jail, No Probation!

No, you are not looking at anything harsher than the proverbial slap on the hand and the paying of the $100 fine and the making of the restitution and what not!

Fortunately for you, Colorado deems possession of one ounce or less of cannabis a petty offense, or an infraction as we like to call it here in Cali, like jaywalking and such and it only turns into a misdemeanor if there is a failure to appear by the defendant, for use in public, or if the quantity is between 1 and 8 ounces and anything over that, you would be looking at a felony conviction with all the trimmings, which, you are not.

Also, supervised or summary by the court, you were not on any probation the last time around since your indiscretion at the time was also of the petty kind which not only does not warrant probation, the sentencing guidelines do not call for one either.

As for the useful advice: Well, keep it under one ounce if you must and don't miss your court date and don't smoke in the car. You lucked out this time, but another officer could well have taken you in for driving under the influence and God forbid should you have an accident and hurt someone, or worse, kill someone, you will be doing some very hard time.

Some while ago, California upgraded the charge for killing of a person by a driver under the influence from vehicular manslaughter to outright MURDER.

So enjoy yourself, but be safe!

fredrikklaw

yeaah i have, i can go in for insomia migranes and what not, its not hard to get a card in colorado, is only $250 thats the only thing that keeps me from getting it. that was the first and only time that i had smoke weed in my car and it had been hours before getting pulled over, my boyfriend took the blame for it but they didnt care about the smell they cared about the bag of weed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back