things Ebay does not allow

Status
Not open for further replies.

missmissy2005

IF an ebayer contacts me, and wishes to purchase an item that Ebay does not allow on thier site, for what ever ridiculous rules, as long as we conduct our business outside of EBAY, they cannot penalize me for doing so..correct?
as long as we do not use Ebay's internal message system to conduct the transaction...it would not be any different than an independant website sale..?? and even if we use PayPal as payment method... after all Paypal is used for many business websites not just Ebay and even though Ebay owns it, is its' own enitity, right?

If I walked up to you on the street and offered to sell you a perfectly legal item that was not offered on eBay, would that be legal?

This is not legal Advice!

Your quote: "IF an ebayer contacts me, and wishes to purchase an item that Ebay does not allow on their site"

Umm, how would the prospective purchasers know you were selling the particular items that they were after?

You're both right - the last two of you. :) If ebay finds out that you've sold someone illegal drugs and used Paypal to consummate the transaction, of course Paypal/Ebay can do something about it. You've just used their service to commit an illegal act! That's the easy way to understand the relationship as to what Paypal can do, e.g. potentially void your transaction and remove you both from the site.

That said, if a vendor says no shirt no shoes no service - what can you do about it? Are you going to sue them for service when their rules, however ridiculous you may think they are (provided they are not unlawful), are manifestly clear but you've chosen to disregard them? If you aren't happy with Paypal, use a money order or wire transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back