They took my family's lifeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjc1

I'm a Registered Nurse who is Mixed Bi-Polar, Obessive Compulsive, and Acute
Anxiety, along with Schzoid Type personality Disorder. After taking a few years leave from work and working really hard with my psychiatrist and with the help of meds I returned to the work environment. Very enthusatic and full of life I was a productive member of society, a wage earner. I took a job at a small hospital a couple of months ago after leaving a major medical center because of the slower pace and the change of care levels. I assumed everything was fine until one day the director of nursing called me into her office and asked me some off the wall personal, unfounded questions about my personal life, regarding my husband that had been reported to her. I assured her that my personal life was intact, I never discussed my family with my co-workers. I have no idea who made these stories up or why. Then about a month later after been told every day what a good job I was doing, getting all the overtime I wanted, I'm talking 5-6 (12 hour shifts a week!) I received a call from a co-worker at my home informing me that she heard other nurses talking about me in the breakroom, in front of many others, saying I think we finally got rid of our problem, one said yes, who finally told on ____, she's crazy you know, as in looney. Another said she's down right stupid. Then another said no, she wants people to be mean to her that's why we act that way towards her. Another said, she only takes care of the patients she feels sorry for and she neglects the other patients she assigned.
I know the name of each and every nurse that participated in this conversation. Well, the following morning, The Clinical Director, called me and informed me she had taken me off the schedule for the following day in lieu of a meeting she wanted to have over some issues that had been brought to her attention. When I attented the meeting the exact thing happened that my co-worker said was going to happen- I was fired. I was only given 2 weeks orientation to this job. Not the standard for this major health organization which is one of the largest in the United States. None of the Policy and Procedures had been gone over with me. I was not assigned one person to orientate me to the job as much as possible as protocal calls for, my orientation checklist had never been completed nor signed off by the Clinical Director, and still I had to bear the humiliation of being slandered by co-workers, being brought to tears on the job for asking for help or for not doing something simply because I was never informed of the routine, and fired for the reason of not meeting Company Standards of Performance Required for Nurses, and Behavior not suitable of an employee. They even said I was rude to co-workers. I was the one who others would lash out at, I can prove this. I would never be cruel to another person or co-worker, it's just not me, what purpose does that serve. Now I have regressed dramatically to a state of functioning that I feel I have no purpose in life. I cry frequently, I don't go out of the house, except for Dr.s appointment's. I have not interest in my personal appearance, I have always been so vain. I feel hopeless, useless, to the point my physical health has degraded dramatically. The stress I have been under has caused HEART DAMAGE, I CAN PROVE THIS. MY MENTAL STATUS IS POOR, I CAN'T STOP HAVING FLASH BACKS OF WHAT THEY HAVE SAID AND DONE TO ME. IN 24 YEARS OF NURSING I NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING BUT THE HIGHEST COMPLIMENTS AND REVIEWS FROM MY EMPLOYERS. I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS, I HAVE NO CAREER LEFT. THE HEALTH ORGANIZATION OWNS ALL THE HOSPITALS IN THIS AREA. I'M FIRED FROM ONE MAKES ME INELIGIBLE FROM BEING HIRED AT OTHERS. HOW CAN I NOW AFTER WORKING SO HARD TO GET MY LIFE TOGEHTER, TO MAKE A LIVING FOR MY CHILDREN, I'VE ALWAYS WORKED HARD, EVER BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING AGAIN. MY THOUGHT PROCESSES ARE RACING ALL AROUND. I SO NERVOUS I SHAKE. I HATE WHAT THIS HAS DONE TO ME, IF I COULD ERASE IT I WOULD. PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE THAT CRUELITY AND LIES ABOUT PEOPLE SOMETIMES AFFECTS OTHERS LIFES MORE THAN THEY KNOW. DO I HAVE A CASE TO SUE MY CO-WORKERS FOR SLANDER- MY EX-EMPLOYER FOR GOING BY THEIR INFO FOR FIRING ME, FOR NOT GIVING ME A FAIR ORIENTATION PROCESS, FOR ALL THE EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DISTRESS THIS HAS CAUSED ME. MY MEDICATION HAS HAD TO BE CHANGED SINCE THIS INCIDENT TO STRONGER MEDS AND I DO HAVE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AT TIMES. THIS MAY SOUND CHILDISH TO YOU, BUT TO SOMEONE WITH PERSONALITY DISORDER IT'S VERY HARD TO KEEP YOUR HEAD ABOVE WATER AND IF SOMEONE PUSHES YOU UNDER SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T GET THE WILLPOWER TO COME BACK UP
I THINK I DESERVE FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR MY CHILDREN'S SAKE AS WELL AS MY OWN FOR THEY HAVE SUFFERED A LOSS OF A MOTHER ONCE AGAIN DUE TO MY MENTAL STATUS REGRESSION. DO I HAVE A CASE. I LIVE IN VA. THE INCIDENT HAPPENED IN TN.

AND I DO HAVE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AT TIMES.

Please get help immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back