They locked the door!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datejust2

I don't want any responses to this. What I did was so stupid. I know this and don't need you telling me. I had it planned so well but still got caught.
Yesterday I went into a authorized Rolex store. I knew the store very well and even knew the security guard very well. I befriended him in hopes he would turn the other cheek. I knew what watch I wante to take. It was a submariner solid gold watch. I didn't go to that watch first I looked at others so she would be more comfortable with me. Then I asked to see the sub. I tried it on. I even gave it back to her. I told her if I could compare it to another. She obliged and put the solid gold on the pad to retrieve the other watch. I then grabbed the sub and just booked toward the door. It was locked. I can't believe they locked the door. Who does that? I am in a bunch of trouble.

Not entrapment. They don't have to allow you to leave the property with stolen goods. No grounds to sue here.

Man! Wow! I never seen that! I don't know why I chose the most expensive to try and steal. I am pleading "not guilty". Entrapment. They can't lock me in a store. I injured my rotar cuff when I smacked into the locked door. I am suing them

The guy using a wheelchair as a prop in his effort to acquire property, CLASSIC, simply classic.

Not entrapment. They don't have to allow you to leave the property with stolen goods. No grounds to sue here.
Your not understanding. Obviously I am not going to tell you what my attorney advised me to do but I was injured here. I ran into a door that was locked during business hours. I will settle if they drop my mistake.

Your not understanding. Obviously I am not going to tell you what my attorney advised me to do but I was injured here. I ran into a door that was locked during business hours. I will settle if they drop my mistake.

I suggest you say NOTHING about this incident.

I understand WHY an attorney would advise you as yours apparently has.

You have the municipal and/or state fire and/or building safety codes on your side.

MUM is the word, mate, silent as The Sphinx has been for centuries.

I suggest you say NOTHING about this incident.

I understand WHY an attorney would advise you as yours apparently has.

You have the municipal and/or state fire and/or building safety codes on your side.

MUM is the word, mate, silent as The Sphinx has been for centuries.
The bottom line is I never technoicly left the store with there property. I was injured whist the door was locked. Had the door not been locked I would not have been hurt.

I ran into a door that was locked during business hours. I will settle if they drop my mistake.

Were I the store owner I would happily engage in defending an injury lawsuit while the plaintiff pursues it from his prison cell.

Your not understanding.

No, you're not understanding. Suing doesn't mean you are going to win and the store's liability insurance company will have a very smart lawyer defending against a criminal who was injured during the commission of a crime.

Were I the store owner I would happily engage in defending an injury lawsuit while the plaintiff pursues it from his prison cell.

No, you're not understanding. Suing doesn't mean you are going to win and the store's liability insurance company will have a very smart lawyer defending against a criminal who was injured during the commission of a crime.
I didn't leave the store with the merchandise.

What makes you think you have to have left the store with the merchandise before they can prevent you from stealing it?

The prevented me from stealing it! They did me a favor. Judge will throw this out!

Talk about this ONLY to YOUR lawyer.

You don't possess a clear understanding of what's involved in defending you.

Your lawyer does.

Follow his/her advice.

Things may turn out far better than anyone expects.

How in the hell do I know?

Because I've gotten defendants to walk who stood accused of far more heinous crimes, with some doing allegedly incredibly more stupid actions.

The laws of theft in GA:
Shoplifting Blog | Zeliff | Watson | Georgia DUI Lawyer
Theft - Shoplifting | Georgia Criminal Defense Lawyers
In your case, mate, you just might have gotten very lucky!

Even if the judge dismisses the theft charges it doesn't mean you have a valid lawsuit against the store. It means you're a damned lucky idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back