Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft theft under 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcecil07

my husband was accused of stealing wood from a house being built ( which he didn't). he was in the neighbor hood when it happend and someone wrote his tag number down. he is told that if the builder wants to file a report that they will issue a warrent for his arrest. can they do that with no proof that he took anything except a persons word. if he does what is the most that can happen to him

tcecil07 said:
my husband was accused of stealing wood from a house being built ( which he didn't). he was in the neighbor hood when it happend and someone wrote his tag number down. he is told that if the builder wants to file a report that they will issue a warrent for his arrest. can they do that with no proof that he took anything except a persons word. if he does what is the most that can happen to him
If he didn't steal the wood then nothing should happen to him. I don't know your county/state and what the punishment is for thefts of that nature (larceny perhaps.) But why are you concerned about that? How good is the account of the eyewitness?

If he really didn't do anything, he should just challenge the accusation. Does he have a good enough excuse for being in the neighborhood? That's what they'll want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back