Theft shoplifting

jessica s

Jurisdiction
Kentucky
Hello, I was recently fired from my work because I stole $200 worth of merchandise. I had a talk with my LP guy and he had me write my statement and list what I took. I agreed to pay him back overtime. This isn't like me. I'm severely depressed and just got stupid.
I am just wondering what is going to happen next. Is this going to go on my record is it going to affect other jobs. What is going to happen. He told me that he wasn't going to call the cops. Didn't feel like it was needed since I was honest with him. But I'm concerned. He said he had to check with his boss and they would decide what was going to happen. I just don't want this stupid mistake to ruin my life.

We don't know what is going to happen next. It will be in your personal file with the company that fired you, and they legally can tell prospective employers about it. No one here knows if they WILL but they CAN. If they do tell prospective employers it can affect other jobs; if they don't it won't. Unless they do call the cops after all, in which case all bets are off. But the crystal ball is out being recalibrated - we have no more idea what's going to happen than you do.

This is actually a duplicate post - posted previously by Ladybug92 & answered.

I answered the post in this thread 16 minutes after it was posted, and I left a link to this thread in ladybug92's thread.

Ok. There wasn't any reference or link to other thread in this thread & I thought no use having people posting replies in two threads.

My point being that I was the first responder in both threads and directed people in the other thread to this one. This one had answers in it first. I don't appreciate being chastised for "responding to a duplicate thread" when I not only was the first to answer but took the trouble to direct others here.

cbg, I wasn't chastising you. When I posted in this thread that this was a duplicate, there were already several replies in the other thread & I thought it best to keep all replies there. I was just noting this was a duplicate so we weren't get more replies here also. (best to keep all replies in one thread). I was just trying to be helpful but I guess not......
(Just thought it should be mentioned in this thread also that there were 2 thread started with this question.)

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your intent. But since neither thread had had any activity for two days when all of a sudden it popped up with your declaration that this was a duplicate thread, it certainly felt like one.

Back