Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Theft/Shoplifting Possible Charges Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo2469

Over the past months, I've been buying various goods with coupons from Kmart, later returning them, recieving full credit back (ex. - bought 4 DvDs for $20 each - $80 total, presented 4 coupons valued at $5 off each - so the total after coupon total cost was $60; when I returned them with the receipt to the returns desk, I rec'd $80 back in the form of a gift card.

Last week, when I tried to return more stuff for credit, the loss prevention officer approached me & questioned what I was doing. He left the returns desk with the stuff & copy of the receipt, overheard him tell someone to call the local police. I bolted.

They obviously have me on camera, but without some research may not be able to find out who I am. (all purchases were made with either a gift card or cash).

Very ashamed & embarrased of my activity - those who know me will be shocked if this ever gets out.

Please help - advice needed, what should I do?

Wal-mart's policy is to take down your driver's license number when you make a return without a receipt and get a gift card. Most of the time, they do it, but when they're lazy, they don't bother to get identification. Target does it, too, so I assume K-Mart does as well. Since you did it several times, they must have your name and driver's license number by now, which is scary. I wouldn't go back there again, but I'd look out for something to come in the mail, since they know who you are.

Can you please confirm for us whether they did record any of your details on the occassions you got the refunds, milo2469?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back