Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Theft question, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

divinexdavisx

basically i was working for a retail company and was caught returning merchandise off the store floor and putting them onto gift cards, then using the gift cards as if they were legitimate returns and "money" on the cards. The company came to a final sum of what was taken from them in the amount of 1,059.63 my question is this, i recieved a letter from a collections attorney saying i needed to pay back the amount plus a 400.00 fine, now my only problem is that i still had some of the gift cards in my posession and when the company called the police and the officer came, i was asked to hand over the cards, (that still had approx between 2-4 hundred dollars on them, so i gave them to the officer, i dont understand why if i gave back some of the amount in gift cards why that wasnt deducted from what i stole....someone please help, i have not contacted the collections lawyer yet regarding this because i dont know if i SHOULD contact anyone. so in a nutshell i stold a couple hundred odllars from a company put it on gift cards, then gave the cards back and they are still saying i stole the sum above, i dont think this is fair. thanks for anyones help on this matter.

i dont personally have an attorney regarding this matter. the attorney i reffered to in my original post was a collections attorney who contacted me about paying the money back. i dont expect to have the theft removed, my question was if i gave the cards back that still had money on them, shouldnt that money be deducted from the sum of what i owe?

i dont personally have an attorney regarding this matter. the attorney i reffered to in my original post was a collections attorney who contacted me about paying the money back. i dont expect to have the theft removed, my question was if i gave the cards back that still had money on them, shouldnt that money be deducted from the sum of what i owe?

You tell the Attorney the truth whatever that is.

so you guys think its safe to call the collections attorney and speak to him, it wont stir the pot? i told the truth in my original post also. im not here to b.s. anyone, jusyt looking for some help thats all....

Dude do the right thing and go "Grand Theft Auto" on them. They won't know what hit'em. Besides you can always say "THE GAME MADE ME DO IT."

No. Don't do that. Were talking about innocent people here. I got it. Why don't you hold up the store you worked at. Get the money you owe them from them. NO!! Don't do that. OK...OK.... I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAY THEM THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back