Theft of bank deposit by bank employee

Status
Not open for further replies.

WETA

My mother who is a senior citizen has had her money stolen from her account by a bank employee. My mother no longer lives in NJ where the crime took place but has relocated a great distance. The bank let this employee go, fired them, but never notified us that this person was stealing from her account. This employee of Chase bank also utilized the services of PayPal by fraudulently opening up an account to continue to steal from my mother's Chase account. My sister was checking my mother's statement for her one day when she noticed the missing funds, about or over 70k, and she contacted PayPal who would not initially disclose information. She was told to contact Chase, and in doing so found out the scheme had occurred over some time. She is pursuing a criminal case against the former bank employee, but can she file a civil suit against Chase, PayPal and the former bank employee as well, on what basis? And, if so, she has no money to pay for an attorney, can you direct us to resources to help her file suit. This happened about two years ago. Are we still within the statue of limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back