Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Theft misdemeanor...2nd time...Need help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gissy84

Hello everyone. I 25 yrs old, live in Miami, FL.. About 5 years ago, i was charged with a theft misdemeanor. Since it was my first time, I went to a pre-trial conference and was given community service and had to pay a fee and enroll in a anti-theft program. Now, stupidly enough, i was a Kohls two days ago and took a damn stupid sweater and left the store. The store got my tag number and cops showed up at my house. They gave me a court date and made me go back to the store and take pics.

My questions are..one, do I run a chance of facing jail time. And what are the charges that I can be facing..community service, probation, jail time , etc. Any advice on what to do?? Should I get a lawyer or just wait it out?? Im very ashamed of what I did and wish i can turn it back. Any advice?? Thanks so much for your help!

A second offense always stands risk of jail. Fact you had Diversion and did not learn your lesson will piss Judge off even more. Yes get a Lawyer ASAP start planning your defense now. I would also suggest you enroll (before court) into an Anti Shoplifting course. I know of a good one. The group is NASP (National Association for Shoplifting Prevention)

HelpinGa said:
Was this a small store or a big department store?

IT WAS AT Store name THE SECOND TIME...FIRST TIME WAS AT Store name

(note for admin)

Please do not post store names on site. Confine that info to private messages please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back