Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft theft charges pending..how to plea? What will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost154

I'm going to court next month for theft greater than $50 but less than $500.
Although there r no excuses for my actions on xmas eve i shoplifted. I had been struggling with bills and had a family member pass away, all the money i had put away for xmas i had to use to travel to be with my family. On xmas eve i felt so aweful not having any gifts for my children and shoplifted. a undercover security guard was following me around the store and saw me take the tags off a few things. The amount of the items was $80.00. They didn't take me to jail because the officer had a heart and didn't want my children to be put in CPS care for xmas. he issued me a ticket and now i will be going to court.
I have choosen not to get an attorney for the simple fact that i can't afford nor will i be able to afford it at a later date. I barely make ends meet as a single mother of 2.
When i go to court should i plead guilty or no contest.
obviously i am guilty and i some what know the consequences. I'm terrified they might put me in jail the day of the hearing.
Please advise!!!!:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back