Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Theft by recieving (auto): bunch of exceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilDel

Me and my best friend had permission to drive my girlfriends car. Turns out, it wasn't her car, and it was stolen. We were pulled over and arrested for it one night, and charged with "Theft by recieving". Keep in mind, there wasn't any indication of the car being stolen, as we had the full set of keys and even the remote for the car. No drugs or anything were found in the car, and we both have squeeky clean records as this is our first. My best friend (co-defendant) case was immediately dismissed, and he was the driver. When i went to pre-trial, i was released a signature bond, and am scheduled to go BACK to pre-trial again. The reason my case wasn't immediately dismissed was because she was MY girlfriend, and they stated that there is no proof that anyone gave us the car, and they didn't have any info on my girlfriend, "Thats like saying, oh, my mom gave me this car". Not to mention during the arrest, I gave the officer full info on her, but he neglected to report the information. What are the chances of my case being dismissed? and is there any technicallities that i should be aware of?

Also, how big or small is this charge? And in case i am convicted, what kind of time would I be looking at?

Wow, that sucks, have you spoken to an atty. yet? I'd say you'd be well advised to contact one to help in figuring out what you need to do.

Some girlfriend you've got

Sorry..I should not be one to judge.

Do you think she was tryingto set you up? Did you tell the athorities you thought it was her car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back