Theft and Termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

SketchBook

Recently I have been banned from a community discussion website I played regularly for more then four years. Four years is enough time to understand their terms of service and rules and guidelines. Anyways, I was banned because they said that I was profiting from botting. Botting is a script program that you use to profit their currency for that website. Also when you bot you continuously spam the forums with the same phrase, and each of my accounts doesn't have that. Each post is different from the next.

They said that I profited off of bot accounts, when I didn't trade or recieve gifts from those accounts. All trades of the virtual items where linked between my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend's account and my boyfriend's brother. No botting account was logged under my IP address. The trade dates started are way off too from when I made a trade with my boyfriend's brother and I. (See below for more detail.) The IP addresses that they log undered are not in the city I live in.
My boyfriend's brother's account recieved illegally purchased gold, the website currency, from another website that his girlfriend bought.

Here's the story:
In the website you can have virtural items to dress up your avatars. Well I traded with my boyfriend's brother's account an item worth a high value, for several smaller valued items. This trade was done before any of the illegal gold was purchased. So having that trade with his brother's account was put under the completed trades list back in I believe January or February. Because it was under his trade list, they believe I recieved botted items/gold from him. The illegal gold was bought in this month April. So I don't see how I profited off of anything. It's like McCarthyism, guilt by association or something.

Also they have a virtual store on there where you can purchase virtural items with actual dollars. But seeing that I don't have a paypal account or a credit card, I purchase a cash card they sell at Target. It was a ten dollar cash card. I read the back of the card and didn't say anything about a final purchase at the register. So I believe that when you purchase an item from the store on the website, it's validated and cannot be refunded. So I only spent $4.99, and have $5.08 left on one of the accounts. But see how I only spent half of my ten dollar cash card, I still have actual money on there. But they ban me, and that's money theft. They took $5.08 out of $10.00. I have spent more before hand also.

--------------

The evidence they gave was completely wrong saying that my boyfriend's brother's account was mine and that the bot accounts were mine. I sent them picture and links to prove to them that we are totally two different people, and emphasize to them to check the IP addresses.
I continue to demand a phone number to contact their office, and evidence actually linking me in ANY way to the illegal gold, but they seem to ignore everything, and just repeat that I was botting.

The terimnations of my account were in a wrongful ban, and I spent hours a week into them. One was made in 2004 and another the following year. If I were to sue or press charges of termination and theft of my money, I calculated that my 2004 for account charging on a minimum wage which is $5.15, and 20 hours a week I would recieve atleast $14,000. The other probley a little less. But the total would be roughly around 35 thou. Could I press charges against the time consume and put into the accounts? I just want an apology really and unbanning of my accounts.

Oh also they have a system set up for cellphones to alert a user from the website when a new announcement has been released, private message has been sent, or a comment on the user's profile. I signed up for these alerts, but my account got banned. And I still recieve them. Failing to remove my phone number can this be considered harrassment if they continue to send my alerts of those folllowing listed above?

----------
I need to also add that this whole unfair banning has been eating me up inside, and has really sidetracked me from school, and regular eating. My mind has completely obessed over it because I know I didn't do anything wrong. If I did then I wouldn't be on here begging for help... All I can think about is the banning from since it was e-mailed to me. I'm go crazy knowing that I'm not linked in anyway, and the website doesn't want to try and understand that.

I really need help for this issue because not only is important, but they stoel my money! This is a wrongful ban with no or any correct evidence. I need to know if I could press charges against the website. Or can I make a lawsuit against them?
My location is Texas, and their location is in California. I hope releasing that information willl not get me in trouble, but it's publically posted all over their website. But does posting it on here make any difference?

Last edited:
My guess is that since we are not talking about a lot of money, you may have wanted to send them a demand letter (try to send one via mail or fax), insisting upon the return of your money, etc. But I'm looking at the dates... we are talking about 4 years ago? If you're still angry, perhaps your best bet is writing about it elsewhere and let others know your experience. But be careful of what you write and make sure it's all true or else they may wish to pursue an action against you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back