The craziest reckless driving ticket and story EVER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggathadj

State: Utah

To make a VERY long story as short as I can, I was driving to work in my Mazda RX-8. I was behind a car that was going slow so I tried t go around him on the right (using my blinker) and he tried to cut me off and almost hit me. I proceeded to go back into the center lane (using my blinker again and accelerating fast but not exceeding the speed limit as I never do) and passed him. This driver got behind me and started to follow me. I got into the right lane again because that is where my work was located and he again proceeded to follow me. We came to the stop light and he and another female in the car began yelling out of the window that they were calling the police. I ignored them and turned onto another main road leading to my work and they followed me up that street. I took a left hand turn down a very rural street and he followed me again. At this point i was really wondering why he was still following me so I proceeded to make different turns down rural neighborhoods (never speeding driving recklessly or breaking any laws) so I pulled into what I knew was a dead end street and stopped at the end. He followed me in and had to drive past me so I got behind him. He made a right hand turn and I followed him for about 10 seconds, I slowed down and allowed him to get ahead of me and I pulled a legal U-turn and drove back towards work. He then pulled an immediate u-turn cutting off traffic to try and catch up to me. I made it through a light at the intersection and he didn't and proceeded to pull into my office building and saw police circling around on the main street while I was walking towards my office door. So I walk to where the police were and flagged them down. I was ticketed for reckless driving and the police officer stated that the driver was instructed by dispatch to follow me. (OBVIOUSLY he exaggerated my "reckless driving") and I was given a ticket for a class B misdemeanor and a court date. I was obviously very upset. I have not had a driving ticket for 10 years since I was 20. Please help me, this charge is TOTALLY bogus and feel that I have been very disrespected since the police officers never saw me until I flagged THEM down (since I thought I did nothing wrong) and they did not believe anything I said. I am a tax paying, law abiding citizen and feel very violated. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel B.

i agree with you. i dont think the police should be allowed to ticket you like that unless they have some sort of confirmation. if they simply went on with testimonies and call in reports, then bloody hell, the police department would have their hands full of cases every single day!

in any case, do you have any hard numbers to disprove reckless driving? did the person who filed the complaint leave any information as well? if there is a way to contact that other driver, then perhaps you can argue your case in front of a magistrate and move for a dismissal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back