Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft the buckle

Status
Not open for further replies.

natarose

This guy I met and went out w a couple of times had given me a couple pairs of jeans as a gift. Well they didnt fit right so i took one pair bk to the store for an exchange and the second pair i ended up taking bk as well and exchanged for a pair that fit and the difference was put on a gift card. Well i went to use the gift card and it had a zero balance and they sd its being investigated by loss prevention. What should i do because i wasnt aware of anything illegal when i accepted my gift.

There is nothing for you to do. You didn't buy the jeans and have no loss here as far as I see it. I suggest you leave the matter alone. Shop somewhere else if you aren't happy with the store.
As you describe it you would have no liability for anything if a theft is discovered.

You have nothing to fear even if he did steal the jeans. They do not have serial numbers and likely don't have RFID chips in them. Loss Prevention likely stepped out of what they were supposed to do by company policy by emptying the gift card. i do loss prevention and have had to let countless people leave with a loaded gift card that I knew was from stolen merchandise but i couldn't prove it. you can even call and complain to their regional manager and get it all returned and maybe even extra.
the only exception is if they had to watch video and later found that you didn't come in with them but picked a pair up from the shelf anf returned them. that is a different story.

What i know and what I can prove are 2 different things. If I can't prove something is stolen the company wants us to err on the side of the customer rather than take action on something i can't prove.

To each his own but I have doing this a long time and if I "KNOW" something is stolen then I have enough to make a stop or burn at very least. In addition if you "KNOW" its stolen then you then you or authorized member of Management can void card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back