Testing this out

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. It's still a work in progress. I am consolidating the forums so that there are fewer but they are tagged appropriately with each type of law. You don't see the registration but it has been cut down. You can also view these forums (and the entire site for the most part) now with any mobile phone or device and you will be using the same forum you see using your computer. The forum is also at least 30% faster and there is more I haven't mentioned coming but so far this is easier all around I think.

I forgot to add that the "New Posts" button right now is directly under the dropdown for the forum in the main menu, top items. For today it will stay there and perhaps it's good to have it there permanently since it's easy to get to but we shall see whether we add a second navigation bar.

This is the first thread/post I have read today - will check things out. :) Thanks for all your hard work.

I haven't seen any problems - I never use a phone/mobile device to post though -- shoot, I don't even take pictures, text, or make/take calls on my cell phone - kept in purse for emergencies only.

LOL. I remember when I began working as the person in charge of the vision and strategy for a company called Zedge ( zedge.net ) - where it's all about mobile phones and devices with millions of kids who spend time creating all sorts of junk on their phones. It was learning a whole different way of life, even though I am extremely connected at the hip with the mobile world. But this is a little different. Believe it or not, over 30% of the traffic here is now coming from mobile devices, which includes phones and tablets. Rather amazing.

LOL. It's still a work in progress. I am consolidating the forums so that there are fewer but they are tagged appropriately with each type of law. You don't see the registration but it has been cut down. You can also view these forums (and the entire site for the most part) now with any mobile phone or device and you will be using the same forum you see using your computer. The forum is also at least 30% faster and there is more I haven't mentioned coming but so far this is easier all around I think.

The SPAMMERS are popping up left, right, up, and down.

I suggest we require ALL posters to register.

We should eliminate the guest poster option.

Anyone that wants to can easily obtain a disposable email account.

No one should be allowed to post until their email address has been verified.

That way we can actively, aggressively delete the spammer's posts, ban them, and clean up their disgusting clutter.

I don't see why we need "guest posters".

It is being abused by the spammer scum.

Actually nobody sees the guest posting but admins and supermoderators on the front end. It's all in the moderation queue and stays there until it is approved or deleted. I have had up the guest registration because of some odd cookie issue with the software that I'm still trying to solve - the one with the login not being instantly recognized until you go somewhere else. No one has been able to figure that out yet and others have had the same issue. We'll lick that one.

The spammers are actually getting through at times with the registrations - THAT is what concerns me. I'll have to ban China again since that's where much of it is coming from again. I'll also have to change the questions for registration. Frustrating having to do this when they never get anywhere no matter their efforts. Believe it or not, I'm getting emails here from legitimate persons every day that their IP addresses have been banned by our site (actually StopForumSpam) - their IP addresses being prior used by hackers at some point.

Should have all of this finished by tonight and will get onto tackling the firewall and spam issues. Thanks for the help and the notice.

Oh my goodness, professor, that's horrible.
Nevertheless, that was informative.
Those spammers must be crooks, because honest businesses wouldn't keep doing that.
I wonder if they ever get any bites, much less ever snag any fish?
They sure are as pernicious as they are pervasive.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back