Terribly embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazter54

Hello,
I have a problem with my brother. He started hanging out with real loosers and has started scamming people. He buys candy and then sells it off as fundraisers lying to people. Ive tried to tell him that was the wrong with to do but he doesn't listen. There is not much i can do to stop him. I just wanted to know what are the penalties? He's 16 and never had a trouble with the law before. Its very embarassing, but I just wanted to know what will happen to him if he gets caught. By the way we're living in NY. I would greatly appreciate any help on the subject. I don't know who else to ask. Thanks

I don't understand what he is doing wrong. Is he selling candy to people and gets them to buy by stating that it is for a fundraiser? Is he charging more than he should be? It sounds like he may be committing fraud, even if it is at market price because of a representation that the proceeds, or part of the proceeds, are being donated to a particular charity when, in fact, they are going into his pocket. The amount of money he takes in could determine the severity of the crime. Regardless, once you have a black mark on your record you'll have a difficult time with the future.... Many of us have filled out employment questionnaires that ask us about our past, specifically regarding past crimes...

Yes, he is selling fundraisers for a cause that he made up and keeping all the money. I understand that constitutes fraud, but was looking for the punishment so I can tell him what he is doing will get him in trouble. He is not making very much money, no more than $70 a time and keeps telling me because he is a minor nothing will happen to him. Can anyone tell me what will happen if he gets caught or a reference site where i can find punishment. Thanks

Someone might be able to provide a reference to a site, but it's simple fraud. All that needs to happen is for a person to find out what he is doing and file a complaint. For such a small amount of money the damage can be lasting. It's just not worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back