Quiet Enjoyment Tenant-tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRAMMIES5

I HAVE BEEN HARRASSED BY MY DOWNSTAIRS NEIGHBOR. HE SAYS HE DOESN'T LIKE ME SO HE CONTINUES TO DO THINGS TO BOTHER ME LIKE PLAYING HIS STERO VERY LOUD AT LATE HOURS. I MUST ALSO MENTION THIS MAN HAS A DRINKING PROBLEM. I HAVE CALLED POLICE SEVERAL TIMES AND THEY HAVE WARNED HIM. THIS LAST INCIDENT HE WAS ARRESTED FOR PHYSICALLY HURTING ME. TOOK A SWING AT ME I BLOCKED IT HE GRABBED MY WRIST AND LEFT A BRUISE ALSO I HURT MY BACK DURING THIS CONFRONTATION. WE LIVE IN CALIFORNIA. I AM PRESSING CHARGES AGAINST THIS MAN. IALSO HAVE A RESTRAINING ORDER. THE SHERRIFS OFFICE SUGESTED THIS. I AM WONDERING IF THE LANDLORD IS LIABLE AT ALL. THEY ARE GOING TO EVICT THIS MAN. HE IS A NUSICANCE. AS FAR AS LIABILITY GOES IF I SUE AND HE HAS NOTHING ARE THE LANDLORDS RESPONSIBLE. THEY HAVE TALKED WITH HIM IN THE PAST. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME HE HAS GOTTEN PHYSICAL. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE BUT, DO WANT TO STAY.PLEASE HELP!!!!

You should probably send a letter to the landlord. He/she may be responsible because this breach of your lease (for the quiet enjoyment of your property) is being caused by another tenant and he is in a position to remedy the situation. You may want to send a certified letter as well as the information about your filing a police report, the dangerous condition, etc. It also might protect your rights to sue in the even the situation gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back