Quiet Enjoyment Tenant Safety put at risk: against Fair Housing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenear

Renter lease with Community policies as adendum:States:
In effort to equally and consistently assure the comfort, welfare and quiet enjoyment of all residents as well as to show respect for one another, the following policies have been established for the community.

#a.Conduct....(by you/guest etc.) in or around premises, including common area, must be reasonable at all times and not interfere with the welfare and quiet enjoyment of other person on or about the premisis. You are financially responsible for any damages incurred...
#e. Walkways/stairwells are for walking only. You may only use bicycles, tricycles, skateboards, four weeled vehicles,
roller blades, or any other toy or veicle in designated area of the community (if applicable).

Problem is Mgmnt Interpretation: "since here there is no 'applicable' area they're allowed anywhere, including walkways. To do otherwise would infringe upon fair housing children's rights."

?? Don't I have rights? What about: My welfare? My quiet enjoyment? My peaceful enjoyment? Where do I turn BEFORE something happens? There've already been 2 close calls.
?? I feel that this decision is infringing upon my rights (as well as other disabled and elderly, well ....all who use walkways really)

?? Doesn't Management have a responsibility to prevent dangerous situations, or at least a responsibility to not condone them?
On this note, the rule as to where children are not to play includes and 'etc' but not specifically the word 'driveway.' This has been another problem.

Seems like Management is just passing responsibility and liability to another tenant. She actually said when I raised the concept of the two close calls and further incidents that "the rider of the skateboard or scooter has the responsibility to stop and not run into pedestrians."[
So my welfare, in my case may be my length of life shortened, is in the hands of a 5 yr old? How is this within my Fair Housing Rights?

Does Anyone know if/where I can find something that shows this is wrong? I have the AZ revised sts. for AZ Landlord/Tennant law and need help finding exactly what will show her that my health and welfare matter too. I don't want to wait until after a collision and my life is cut shorter to act when I know it's wrong now.

Since this new management took over, the '???' (I want to say 'level' but that's not right) of the new tenants they've rented to has turned this property to become a ghetto, kids out without supervision, kids out all over in drives, on walkways, yelling, screaming. They open their doors and send the kids out not caring where they go, or what they do. That's never been allowed here, and never been the case till now/this new mngmt.

This is just plain wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back