Breaking a Lease Tenant right help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinrain

Hello!
I am an international student and I signed my lease before arriving in US. And now I found my apartment is full of roaches. I asked the realty for two exterminations and they did not work. I want to live somewhere else. But the lease says I must pay the rent every month until the realty find someone else to rent the apartment. And I think that's unfair. What do you suggest me to do? Thank you!

You got yourself in this mess by signing a lease without viewing the apartment. Lesson learned.
Your landlord has told you the truth- you are responsible for rent until a new tenant is found. If you move out early anyway and sacrifice any deposits, perhaps the landlord won't pursue you for rent.

You will not rid yourself of roaches until your neighbors do as well. You can rid your apartment but the critters will go into walls and to your neighbors. Soon as air clears they will return. Its a common problem in apartments. the only sure fire way to rid yourself is rid the whole building. I have had great success in past with bait traps you might try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back