Tenant/Landlord -Chap-13 - rent not paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gholston

Tenate has been given a sixty(60) days notice to vacate per lease agreement. Tenate has not paid rent for two months. Landlord take tenate to court and founds out that the tenate filled Chapter 13 and nothing can be done. Do's the tenant stay rent free? or Can the landlord take further legal action? Oh, by the way, the landlord sells the house. The new owner is set to move in after the sixty(60) days. What can be done here?

landlor

my landlor whants me to pay is lawyer beacause he spend money of is own pocket i already sing the lease but he has not send it to me until his lawyer get pay

Originally posted by gholston:
Tenate has been given a sixty(60) days notice to vacate per lease agreement. Tenate has not paid rent for two months. Landlord take tenate to court and founds out that the tenate filled Chapter 13 and nothing can be done. Do's the tenant stay rent free? or Can the landlord take further legal action? Oh, by the way, the landlord sells the house. The new owner is set to move in after the sixty(60) days. What can be done here?
You may need to file a motion for relief from the stay if they have filed. If it's granted then you can proceed with a typical eviction. While bankruptcy may buy time, the bankruptcy courts do recognize that landlords need rent and a stay might just buy some time before an order is issues and the inevitable eviction happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back