Tenant-Covid-Right to Enter

JoshuaLuke

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
What would be the proper protocol if a tenant stated that they are being tested for Covid-19 but we need to enter the home to check some heaters?

I should mention that it is not an emergency. And I am not sure how cooperative the tenant may be in disclosing any personal information as to the results of the test.

What would be the proper protocol if a tenant stated that they are being tested for Covid-19 but we need to enter the home to check some heaters?

I assume "they" refers to your tenant or tenants (can't tell given your reference to "a tenant" (singular) but your use of a plural pronoun) and that "we" refers to the landlord(s).

That said, I'm not sure what you mean by "proper protocol," but lots of people get "tested for Covid-19." Under the current circumstances, entering another's home would typically dictate things like masks and gloves, and you'd want the resident also to be masked, but there's unlikely to be any law on this (and, if there is, it would likely be local, so you'd know better than anyone here).

Back