Other Criminal Charges & Offenses taking photos at accident scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

longrange

Traffic accident (rollover) occurred in front of colleague's home. He began taking photos. Officer ordered him to stop - stating that it was a "crime scene" and he cannot take photos.

What's up with that?

The officer was a moron. Your friend should have started taking pictures of the officer so he could post them around town with a big "L" on the forehead.

Agreed. However, my friend happens to be a member of the minority community and was concerned that he was going to be detained or worse. Since he was behind the yellow tape, what possible charges could the officer been thinking of?

Agreed. However, my friend happens to be a member of the minority community and was concerned that he was going to be detained or worse. Since he was behind the yellow tape, what possible charges could the officer been thinking of?

The cop was wrong, and probably would have arrested your pal for obstructing or some disorderly charge.

The guy could have beaten it, but he'd have spent a few hours in some stinking jail cell with all manner of perverts, freaks, thieves, nut cases, thugs, and scum!!!!

I've learned the following from an old Jim Croce song;
"You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim,"
'nother dude not to mess with him.
You don't be startin' no mess with that stranger in blue,
totin' that badge and wearin' a gun,
dude can make big trouble for you,
where he takes you won't be no fun!!!!

Last edited:
You have a lawful right to take pictures of anything in public view and that includes the public servants. There is no expectation of privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back