Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Suspension pending investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawsoncd17

Is there a allotted time period in which a college can keep a student suspended? My friend, not revealing his name for other purposes, was suspended pending investigation for an alleged sexual assault on another one of my, use to be, friends. He was interrogated by the East Hartford police and by the college's security. He was given a letter saying he had to leave the site until investigation was over. He has not been contacted by the college or by the East Hartford police possibly meaning the case was still pending or tossed. I testified for him, knowing that this friend that claimed the assault not psychologically stable from issues that revolved around her personal life outside of the college. There was no evidence, a simple battle of claims. Can he sue the college for drawing out this suspension if there even is a allotted time?

If you are asking whether or not there is a law that says, "A college may not suspend a student for longer than x", there is not.

Testifying was probably a really bad idea.

Unless you were a mental health professional who actually treated her.

Some schools have student guides that cover suspensions such as max. suspension period, appeal process etc. If the student ends up getting expelled, expulsions have no time limit. Expelled students are
removed from school for an indefinite time period. Students are generally suspended first, while expulsion is
being considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back