Survey system of principles- help

Kirah anderson

Jurisdiction
Texas
What should i look for in the surveys agreements?

I want to complete reward membership surveys but i don't want a person to come to my house. Someone said individuals complete certain online surveys but a person might come to their home to survey him or her or offer things because its in the survey terms/privacy policy...

Trying to earn income

The policy, terms is on the surveys first page at the bottom

I appreciate you're just trying to earn some money but there isn't going to be a way to avoid the important survey requirements if you want to earn income. On a legal level, the terms of any offer apply which you must accept them or there is no agreement, even if you fulfill just part of the agreement. I don't know what is in the survey to which you refer to but, if there is such a requirement that you must allow someone to visit your home to ask you questions or show you a product, you're really not in a position to make changes if you want to collect compensation.

This isn't even so much of a legal issue even though the legal terms govern and make your ability (or inability) to collect clear. There is logical reasoning which applies first (and which the legal terms enforce) concerning "quid pro quo" - or "something for something." Research and survey companies offer compensation in exchange for some type of value - which may be access to those being surveyed which provide feedback that is valuable to the company funding the survey. So if you don't want to participate in the part which the sponsor finds valuable, you won't receive compensation since part of the job isn't sufficiently valuable to them. This is extremely popular in the mobile industry as the return on investment for many "free" apps are the users freely providing access to their personal data (or usage data) which is often sold to marketing companies which pays for the costs of developing the app.

I've had friends who breezed through online surveys not caring about the answers they gave and it worked for a short time. Then the company applied analytics tools to determine that the results weren't reflective of someone actually reading them and all the work for the surveys result in unpaid efforts - and there was nothing they could do to obtain the funds.

Back