Survey question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoknew

I live on 5 acres, completely rectangular in shape that we purchased a few years ago. Had a house built on it 2 years ago, at that time the survey and plot plan were done by a local company. Since all the corner stakes were well marked, we called the company that initially did this to find out how much it would cost for stakes to be set up along the sides so we would know where we could put up a fence. The lady answering the phone told me that "the guys" that did the surveying were out of the office but that she would call back. Well, months went by and i forgot about it, until one day I awoke in the afternoon (work nights) to find them doing the job. They were nearly done, so i didn't say anything. But then i received the bill in the mail for $3000! I nearly flipped out!! I immediately called them and they responded with a letter giving me a $300 credit. What do i do now, i have tried to repeately call them to no avail. I would agree to pay them half of what they requested, but don't really know where to go from here. Small claims court? Do I pay them and then take them or how does that work? Any help would be apppreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back